8 Barrington Lane, Rochester, NH 03839 • 603.239.2207 • email@example.com
My strategic thinking, ingenuity, and ability to simplify abstract concepts empower me to guide clients toward purposeful solutions that balance business strategy, technical feasibility, and user experience.
The Atom Group (ATOM)
September 2013 - May 2017
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Experience Design
- Process Improvement
- Information Architecture
- Quality Assurance
- Mentoring & Training
- Guide clients to uncover core business needs and establish strategic direction.
- Clearly define project scope and feature set by identifying high-value areas of focus through detailed analysis of current-state systems.
- Generate creative solutions by leading interactive brainstorming sessions.
- Design intuitive, purposeful systems by analyzing trends in end-user behavioral data and testing concepts via rapid prototyping.
- Spearhead internal process improvement efforts, supporting ATOM’s rapid transformation from development shop to strategic consultancy.
- The State of Connecticut sought to educate consumers and promote research regarding healthcare. As lead analyst and experience architect, I designed an interactive price transparency reporting tool for healthcare consumers, and untangled a complex web of interdependent data filters to produce several data visualization reporting tools for researchers.
- Popular Direct needed to make a bold entrance into the world of online banking. I conducted several workshops to generate personas, user stories, journey maps, navigation workflows, content strategy, interaction design, and functional specifications, eventually presenting designs to C-level stakeholders.
- Popular Community Bank wanted to change the face of in-person banking, using ATOM’s digital signage and interactive kiosk technology. I led the experience design team in observing and interviewing bank employees and customers interacting with these products. After analyzing the findings, I compiled recommendations for process and product optimization and enhancement.
- Carnival Cruise Lines sought to engage customers with a closed-network photo sharing app. I facilitated a large team of UX professionals in mapping out an inventory of all screens, relationships, and user flows, in partnership with Arnold Worldwide.
- Marble and Granite, Inc. wanted to expand their business model by selling directly to consumers. I produced an interactive wizard for planning home renovation projects, along with facilitating a complete site redesign. Features were refined through iterative rapid prototyping. I maintained particular focus on information architecture, faceted search, and call to action strategy.
I served many more clients, including:
- NH Bar Association
- Pierce Manufacturing
- Catholic Health Services
- Martignetti Companies
- VDE Americas
- The Clark Art Institute
- Reputation Institute
- Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth
Project Manager & User Experience Designer
December 2009 - December 2012
- Solely responsible for project management and planning, across all CommonPlaces clients.
- Spearheaded process improvement efforts throughout the entire company.
- Facilitated the transition from @task to ActiveCollab (project management systems).
- Managed a major rebranding effort at CommonPlaces.
- Mentored and trained junior team members in planning, user experience, and project management skills.
May 2008 - November 2009
- Team Lead for a variety of high-profile projects.
Pixel Bridge, Inc.
Junior Account Manager
July 2007 - December 2007
- Primary point of contact for several key accounts.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Web Design Assistant
July 2006 - December 2006
- Responsible for updating & maintaining dozens of websites.
Bachelor of Science in Information Science
- Business Minor
- GPA: 3.5
- Boston, MA
- Class of 2008
- Additional Coursework:
- Organizational Behavior
- Information Resource Management
- Empirical Research Methods
- Writing for Use in Technical Professions
- Learning and Motivation
- Symbolic Logic
- Experienced with Axure, Invision, MindJet and many other interface prototyping and mapping tools.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Google G-Suite programs.
- Familiar with @Task, ActiveCollab, Basecamp, Trello, Smartsheet, and other project management tools.
- Structural comprehension of Drupal, WordPress, Kentico, Squarespace, and other CMSes.
- Capable of coding in HTML and CSS.
- NH User Experience Professionals Association (nhuxpa.org)
- Church and missionary volunteer work (egmi.net, crosspointchurch.me)
- Philosophy, Martial Arts, Motorcycling, Snowboarding, Strategy Gaming